Friday, July 8, 2011

My First Post

Hey Guys!  My name is Sam Holmes and I am an amateur triathlete on the track to going pro.  This is my blog where I will talk about my training, racing, sponsors, diet, and anything else I feel like... I mean it is MY blog after all and no one is forcing you to read it!  For this first post I will share a few things about myself.

First of all, I have been a competitive swimmer for about 15 years.  I swam varsity all through high school and college at the University of Wyoming.  In my senior year I really picked up my competitive nature.  Now, its all I think about.  Competing is what gets me out of bed to go train in the morning.  It is what sets my teeth on edge.  It is what I think about when I am alone.  I don't know what I will be doing in 10 years, but I know that for right now, racing triathlons is the right lifestyle for me.

My dad got me into running and cycling when I was about 16 although I had already been swimming for several years.  So, I had all the pieces to the triathlon puzzle, but I hadn't put them together until our good family friends, the Tyes, bought me a USAT membership for my birthday after my senior year of college swimming.  Needless to say, it was a great gift, and I was hooked after my first race.  Since then, I have had lots of success, lots of failure learning, as well as a couple injuries and many different training styles.

Now, some other stuff you might come across on this blog;  My other passion is cooking, so if its ok with you I will occasionally share a recipe or give a good restaurant a shout-out on this blog.  Also I love music of all kinds, so if I come across a sweet band I might mention them as well.  I also love sports other than triathlon too, so I will probably mention the success or failure of some of my teams (GO HUSKERS!!!)  Really, I will pretty much post whatever I feel like, but I will try and keep the focus on triathlon!

Well, I will try and not make these posts so wordy in the future, but I felt I should give you something to read for a while.  Till next time, FOLLOW THE PACE RABBIT!

Now, get of your computer and go train you lazy turd.

No comments:

Post a Comment