Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bike Trick/Pace Rabbit Pics

Hey guys. So here is my mental trick for the bike. Again, its kinda silly, but I suppose you're used to that by now if you've been reading these...


4)Bike:
The main thing I have to do on a bike is stay positive and focused. This is especially crucial if you don't have a cyclometer on your racing bike, which I didn't for a while. What I always do is imagine that I am in an individual time trial in the Tour de France, and I picture how I would look on the TV, and what the commentators would be saying about me in their awesome British accents. "Sam Holmes is displaying his 'strodn'ry bike skills on the cou'se today" and "Hoames is really feeling the bike on this hiww..." Call me conceited, but it really helps keep my morale up and keeps me motivated and focused, which can be especially difficult on longer races. 

Here are a few pictures Libbie took that we are planning on sending to sponsors to sort of show what I am all about. Let me know what y'all think!


 It turned out a bit small, but you get the idea. Sev touched it up a bit to make me look more jacked.... wait a minute, he didn't do a very good job! I still look scrawny....

I really like this one. Taken at Cherry Creek State Park just before sunset. I wish you could get a better feel for the mountains in the background!

This one was taken at the Omaha Triathlon last year (2010) Is that lady scoping out my butt or is it just me?

I am just getting back into hard training this evening after about a day and a half of recovery workouts consisting of yoga and some swimming. Tonight I am going for a long run with a 15 minute threshold portion in the middle. The whole run will probably be about 75 minutes, and aside from the threshold work I will probably just be working on technique. A 40 minute 10k off of the bike in Omaha is just not acceptable, even though that was a slow course. (Yes, Brian, I did go as slow as a 40... I am sorry...)

Anyway I had better hop to it before it gets too late. Tomorrow I will post my last mental trick, as well as some pictures of me cooking. I have been wanting to post a recipe for a while now... any thoughts on what? Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!

Go follow that Pace Rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment