Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ragnar Relay

On my ride today I shared the Overseas Highway with the Miami-Key West Ragnar Relay runners. Now, I am not completely familiar with the Ragnar Relays, but evidently its a team thing where your team runs a ridiculously long distance, but its done in shifts...

... or maybe its "jogging," with a soft "J" sound. Evidently you just run for an extended period of time, I guess its pretty wild!

All Anchorman references aside, this looked like a good time! I found myself cheering for these crazy bastards as I was mashing though a big-gear workout in the warm, tropical rain. There were team busses, funny costumes, lots of fans cheering, and at least one hottie in a pink bikini.... I tried not to look, but it was a futile effort.

In any case, I see a Ragnar Relay in my future, probably after I'm done with this whole triathlon thing... who's with me in, say, 10 years??? Until then (or until tomorrow) FOLLOW THE PACE RABBIT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment