Monday, January 28, 2013

For Your Viewing Pleasure

So, there is this really cool website called YouTube. It has all these really cool videos on it... If you haven't already, you should check it out! 

All sarcasm aside (yes, that was sarcasm above) here are a few of my favorite YouTube videos, in no particular order. Believe it or not, most of them are not triathlon-related... yes, I do other things with my time, which I wanted to share with you... plus this is a sweet excuse for me to not actually have to write that much...

1) This is from the USC Ski and Snowboard team. They actually have a pretty sweet YouTube channel, and this is one of my favorites of theirs. As far as I can tell, it is filmed entirely from a GoPro camera, and the soundtrack is baller:


2) Epic Mealtime. If you're not familiar with these guys, get familiar. This is exactly my sense of humor, and plays into my love of cooking... although I'm not sure I could actually eat any of this shit...


3) The Haka. This is a Maori war chant, which we did in college on the swim team (we had a Kiwi on the team who loved his rugby and showed us how to do it) When I think back on college swimming, this is one of the things I miss most. Even if we weren't intimidating, we felt like we were... and I am pretty sure we actually were. Pure testosterone and adrenaline... and not in the teenage bedroom sense...


4) The first time I saw this, I was on the trainer... I got so into it I nearly fell off the bike. This is incredible, they are literally flying. I cannot think of another word to describe it other than magical. 


5) This is a great commercial from Dick's Sporting Goods. I like to watch it to get motivated for a workout sometimes. Dick's has a ton of great ads!


6) For my non-triathlete followers out there, this is a taste of some draft-legal racing. This is the highlight video from the 2012 Olympic Qualifier in San Diego. I could watch these all day, but then again its kinda what I do...


Well I hope you've enjoyed these videos and procrastinated from work/studying a bit longer today. Until next time, FOLLOW THE PACE RABBIT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment