Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Steamboat

Hey guys! This past Sunday I had a race in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Steamboat is definitely one of my favorite places on earth, if not my absolute favorite. I love to snowboard there in the winter... and also to race tri's there in the summertime!

I came in second overall in the race with a new personal best time. Yes, I went faster at 6900 feet of altitude off of no rest than I did the week before off of 4 days of rest and at sea level (in Burlington)... I guess that food poisoning took more out of me than I had thought! That being said, I am verrrrry anxious to see what I can do at my next pro qualifier in Myrtle Beach in October.

I met up with the UW tri club the night before and we camped out together... I think I will do this more often! I love camping, and its obviously way cheaper than a hotel. Christine, you are much more organized as a president than I was!

Check out this spread! We had grilled veggies, spaghetti and meatballs (my traditional pre-race meal), and grilled peaches. Special shout out to Will, Joe, and Mark for cookin!

Just look at this venue... They say that people come to Steamboat for the skiing, and they stay in Steamboat for the summers... I can see what they mean. I would love to one day live in Steamboat Springs, the whole time during the race, I felt at home.

Well thanks for checking this out, everyone. I hope you enjoyed the pics from Steamboat, do yourself a favor and go see it firsthand. Until next time, follow the Pace Rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment