Monday, August 1, 2011

Brick Workout/Curry for Breakfast??

What's up guys? So, yesterday I had a really solid brick workout at Washington Park. Now, for those of you who don't know, a brick workout is when a triathlete mimics a race by going from one discipline to the next. In this case, I did a bike to run brick. I found a track at a high school about a block from the park, and so after I warmed up I did 3 laps around the park on the bike (this was with my race bike, Sara!) for about 7 miles total, and then did a mile at race pace (or what I felt like I could hold for a 10k) on the track.

I ran through that 3 times. On the bike I held about 24 to 25 MPH with 90 RPM for a cadence (again, mimicking my race goal) and on the runs I went a 5:44. 5:45, and a 5:40... What can I say, I felt good! I was very pleased with those run times. I guess all that speed work is paying off.

On the way home, Sara flatted out, and since I don't carry a spare kit on her, I had to call Libbie for a ride. Did I mention I love my sister a lot? She is a really nice lady!

Here is a picture of Washington Park, it is always really pretty like this at sunset.

The other day I made one of my favorite breakfasts. It is really simple, but I don't measure anything, so here is the basic rundown...
-Stir fry some veggies (I use frozen, they are cheaper and easier to use) and then add a serving of crumbled tofu.
-To crumble it, I squeeze it in a paper towel to dry it out a bit so it gets crispier.
-Then, I add 2 egg whites and one whole egg and let that scramble up.
-Season the whole pan with salt, pepper, and CURRY POWDER!!!
-Next, add a bit of feta cheese and let that melt.

I like to plate it over a bed of greens with a little asian dressing, and then enjoy with a cup of green tea and some Kangen Water!
Well tomorrow I will post another recipe... some grown-up grilled cheese! Until then, follow that Pace Rabbit. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment