Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Asian Frittata

Ok, now before you scowl in disgust, hear me out. Think of it like egg foo yung, but better, because it has cheese! Here is how I made it... Again, I don't measure, so this is all approximations

-Big Pan; saute 1/4 onion, 1/4 lb baby bella mushrooms, and a bag of broccoli slaw
-I then added some pre-cooked brown rice that had teriyaki sauce in it (yum!)
-I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger, and let everybody get to know each other over medium heat.
-Then I added 3 eggs and 3 egg whites, whipped really well with a splash of milk
-Spread eggs evenly, but then LEAVE IT ALONE! until the sides start to set up
-Add about 1/4 cup of cheese (yeah, cheese) of your choice to the top
-Put under the broiler for about 2 minutes until eggs are cooked and cheese is brown and delicious

At this point, I figured it couldn't get much weirder, so I served it with some everything-bagel-style-bread-toast (too many hyphens? no way) and some really good cantaloupe. I chased it down with some Kangen Water in a Polar Bottle... and an adult beverage. I am not going to endorse any beer companies, but this is a favorite, and it rhymes with "shmanger IPA" and its made by a brewery that rhymes with "shmew shmelgium."


Let me know if you have any questions on this recipe. My biggest advice with cooking is don't be afraid of it! My mom used to always say "Cooking, like love, must be approached with reckless abandon or not at all." This might be someone more famous's quote, but I heard it from my mama and I completely agree with the sentiment!

Until tomorrow, Follow the Pace Rabbit! And go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment