Saturday, August 20, 2011

AGN Preliminary

Hey guys! This is just a preliminary post to let y'all know how things are going up in Vermont. I will do a couple follow-up posts once I get back to REAL mountains!

First of all, I did not get my Pro-Card. I had a PR by over 4 minutes, including cutting 2 minutes off of my fastest 10k (yeah, that includes even a flat 10k, no swim/bike before, so this was a huge improvement!) I don't think I need to tell you that I love my new running shoes... For those who want times, my swim was a 19:51, bike was 1:00:15, and run was a 36:33. All together, it was a 1:59:20.

I can't seem to upload photos with this internet connection here, so those will have to wait until I am back home, sorry! Burlington is a lovely, quaint, quirky little town. I could stay here forever if they had real mountains. The venue was great, Lake Champlain is as majestic as you could imagine! Again, I will upload photos ASAP so you won't have to use your imaginations for long.

I want you all to know that I thought of you, on the run portion especially. I had taken it out solid, but at about mile 4 I started feeling the heat, the fatigue, and the immensity of what I had already done weighing down on me. I wanted so badly to roll over and just finish. Then, I thought of you. Yes, YOU as you are reading this. I knew that I would not be able to write this post knowing that I had given up. I gritted my teeth, packed up with a guy, and blew by him with 500 meters to go, all to make YOU proud. The pace rabbit will never give up! Death Before Surrender!

Thanks for checking this out, again, I will make more detailed and photo-embellished posts when I get home. Keep following the Pace Rabbit!




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear us Pace Rabbit followers helped you through! Way to go Sam!

    ReplyDelete