Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Burlington!

What's up my friends? Here, as promised, is my post strictly about Burlington, Vermont. This is where Age Group Nationals took place this past weekend. In my inaugural visit to New England, I was completely charmed. If you ever head up to Vermont, be sure to check out Burlington, or at least Lake Champlain!

I was expecting the quaint red barns and lots of trees and rolling hills, but I was not expecting a Boulder-esque hippie-filled college town! Burlington walked that line nicely. It would have fit in just as easily in Nebraska as it would have in California with its colorful variety of people, shops, restaurants, and homes. A picture speaks a thousand words, so here are just a few pics from Burlington.


A little post-race indulgence... yes, that is bacon on a donut with real Vermont maple frosting...

A quiet beach on Lake Champlain. Hard to believe those mountains on the other side are New York!

This one didn't turn out very well.. but its this street musician who, despite his strange appearance, was amazing! He played the didjeridoo, made percussion with tambourines, drums, and bells, and rapped. It was a combination of Native American music, bluegrass, and hip-hop that I loved! And yes, he is wearing a deer mask.....

Some gorgeous flowers at the Farmer's Market that was going on after the race. The friendly girl behind the counter agreed to let me take a picture as long as I blogged about it since I wasn't buying... Who am I gonna give flowers to, my mom?? Come on!
...Sorry, mom :) Love you!

This was a huge, OLD, beautiful and quiet farm on Lake Champlain. Old being an understatement. That guy on the Quaker Oatmeal box? He was the original owner... Ok I might've made that up.

I meant to get a pic also of Muddy Waters coffee shop. The interior was like a log cabin, and the coffee was delicious! I could picture myself going there on a cold winter morning before a loooong day of skiing. It also helped their cause that the barista girl was absolutely darling... I was too captivated to order for a good 3 seconds... she probably thought I was a weirdo for staring!

I hope you enjoyed these as much as I enjoyed taking them. Please please please if you are ever in Vermont, do yourself a favor and check out Burlington. I'm gonna go get a track workout in. Until next time, follow the Pace Rabbit!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks like Burlington was awesome!!! I hope you are doing good and kicking some trash!

    ReplyDelete