Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

So, for this evening's post I originally planned to talk about resolutions. But, after some deliberation, I decided to save that cliché for tomorrow. Tonight I wanna talk about what we will all have tomorrow. That's right, this post is about hangovers! (no, I'm not talking about illegitimate children or STDs... I hope my readers have some class!)

Almost everyone of age will have at least one glass of champagne this evening, and those of us who have... *ahem* ...a few more might wake up feeling a little rough tomorrow morning. Which could put off your New Year's Resolutions even further! Well, I would say just be responsible, but what's life without a little vice?

Now obviously you have to be smart, if not responsible. Things like drinking water, taking it slow, and not mixing beverages of choice are solid ways to not feel like your head is on an elevator tomorrow. Get some sleep, eat a big greasy breakfast, and go get on with your life!

As a 24 year old and having gone to UW, I have experienced my fair share of hangovers. Now, as a professional athlete, I have commitments bigger than just showing up for class, I've gotta perform physically 19 out of 20 days! What it comes down to for me is this; when you're hungover, you still have to do everything you've committed to, you'll just not want to do them. Get up, get it done, its the only thing that will make you feel better.

However, your track workout will go a lot better if you don't polish off a 5th of Maker's Mark the night before, so think about what you've gotta get done tomorrow, and keep your debauchery as a once-in-a-while thing. Go have fun tonight, but remember your commitments! Until tomorrow, FOLLOW THE PACE RABBIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment