Friday, January 6, 2012

Home for the Holidays

Happy Holidays everyone! I have recently returned to Denver (and thus, altitude training) after a week home in Nebraska for Christmas. It was great to be home, get back to my roots, and have a week to do nothing but train and celebrate with the people I love.

In my time home I realized I had a lot more followers than I thought. This simultaneously made me proud, and was very humbling. It is always great to hear that people, especially old friends, are supportive of what I do (Thanks for following, Jessica! I appreciate the love) and want to know more about it.

I was glad I was able to find time to take care of business amongst all the holiday parties and relaxing with family, because it was a very run-heavy week (close to 50 miles, my biggest to-date).

My running right now is all about base building. My minimum run is 60 minutes, and we are currently building my long runs to 120 minutes. There is something so exalting about a long run. There are few times in my life I feel more satisfied than after having run 15 miles at my own pace. In short, I am enjoying this phase of training!


Ahhh, coffee. It wouldn't be home without it, but this time I brought some from my work. I know I have mentioned this before, but it honestly keeps me going.  Sometimes I feel like I can't start a workout until I have that pupils dilated, top-of-my-head-feels-like-its-glowing, caffeine searing through my veins feeling. Anyway, I felt like I should include a picture of my home during the holidays for all you 3rd Grade-level readers out there.

As always FOLLOW THE PACE RABBIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment