Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tim Tebow

Watching the Bronco's win tonight at home against the Jets was as compelling a case for audacity as I have ever seen. Tim Tebow basically seemed to decide to win, and then proceeded to drive down the field 95 yards (the longest touchdown drive for the Bronco's this season) to score a touchdown, leaving the Jets with too much field to cover without enough time to cover it. By sheer tenacity... no, stupidity Tebow pulled a victory out of a game with nothing else to brag about. Youth and vigor beats wisdom and tried and true practices.

Let me get one thing straight, I am not a Bronco's fan, let alone a Tim Tebow fan. All the hype surrounding this dude is more about his Christianity and less about his ability to actually play ball. I believe your denomination should be a private thing, and your actions in your chosen endeavors (in his case, football) should speak loudly enough for themselves.

However, what I do love is what Tebow represents. He shows the world that you can win by simply being to stubborn to lose. He shows us that sometimes intangibles do count more than your comfort in the pocket or the intelligence of your decisions on the field. As a young pro myself now, I hope to have a fraction of the success Tebow has had with nothing more than a searing desire to win. I hope to devour opponents of twice my ability out of sheer audacity, just like Tebow did in the last 5 minutes of the game tonight.

Now, next weekend is just that... another weekend, which may bring a different outcome for youth and vigor. I am sure I am not the only person writing about this right now, so before I get too hyped up about it I will sign off. All I am saying is if Tebow can win like that, we can all win if we simply decide to. FOLLOW THE PACE RABBIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment