Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Off Season

So, I apologize for the *ahem* hiatus I have had from posting. I spent a couple weeks from training, and I guess that blogging was set aside also.

Now I am sure some of you are wondering how World Champs went... well, my lack of posting on it pretty much sums it up. The distance was longer than I had thought it was, and I found this out about 3 days before. Also, inclement weather and an ankle injury sidelined me a bit in the weeks leading up to the race. What it really boiled down to though was being burnt out after a long season. In the end, I learned a lot from the race, and I think I will stick to shorter races for a while!

Here is a few pictures summing up what I have been doing this off season:



 Eating! This is a blackened salmon at Bobby Flay's restaurant "Mesa Grill." Just a little bit spicy, perfectly rare, amazing. Easily the best piece of fish I've ever had.


Ballin! Sev and I styled out by H&M, posing by a statue of Bacchus outside Caesar's Palace.


Sleeping In.... although this is a photo of a sunrise (We got up early to go skiing!)


Skiing! Actually, I snowboard mostly... This was taken from Keystone. Yes, I do other physical activity besides swimming, biking, and running.


Did I mention eating? This was the Holmes Family creation for Thanksgiving. A pork loin surrounded by duck and pheasant breasts and bacon, and wrapped in a whole de-boned turkey. It actually turned out really good, although I am not much of a meat eater myself. It was great to finally see the new house, and especially cook a few awesome meals in the brand new kitchen!

Well thanks for checkin' in on me! I will do my best to be better about posting from here on. Full disclosure here, I was watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show while writing this, so I apologize if some of it doesn't make sense. I had to wipe the drool off the keyboard... Anyway, until next time follow the Pace Rabbit!


No comments:

Post a Comment