Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vacation

So, obviously I haven't posted in a while... the past couple weeks have been pretty busy, and the blog was put on the back burner. My apologies! Here is the third post from Myrtle Beach. As you may have figured out, I like to do a separate post about my travels completely separate from the races.

I couldn't mention this trip without mentioning the sea. Its raw beauty fascinates me, its power humbles me, and its vastness is completely beyond my comprehension. Coming from the middle of the country, it is always brand new every time I see it.  I can't help but smile upon my arrival, and feel sad when I have to go as if it were an old friend.


 The view from our hotel room. I got to wake up every morning to the sunrise over the waves. Can you see why I didn't want to leave Myrtle Beach, even to go to Charleston?


 Feeling like a pro and getting ready to celebrate in style.


Relaxing poolside with Dad post-race. Again, the sound of the waves never far off!


Dinner at the 86 Queen in Charleston. Pecan crusted catfish, fried green tomatoes, and grits... it is the South after all y'all! This was absolutely delicious. The fish was everything I love about pecan pie mixed with everything I love about fish sticks. My first endeavor with fried green tomatoes did not disappoint, and the grits were the perfect, cheesy base layer I was hoping for.

I am glad I got to share these pictures with y'all and I hope you enjoy them. If you're ever in Charleston, check out, 86 Queen and Hyman's for some dang good seafood, and anytime you are near the sea, take a walk on the beach... its good for you. Until next time, follow the Pace Rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment